Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 4

Yea - so I took today as a day of rest too. And surprisingly I felt super guilty about it. I figured I would spend the day trying to figure out where my husband and I will go on our 10th anniversary. As I perused through vacation spots such as Hawaii, Lookout Mountain, a cruise to Cozymel, Mexico, a bed and breakfast in Savannah, GA, I realized that I was looking at a lot of places that had sunny beaches and a whole lot of outdoor activities. Things that I usually, almost always, avoid. And I began to wonder, what is this shift in my brain? Why would I even consider such a trip? Why wouldn't I just stay home and send the kids out? Well for lots of reasons: first of all, they are all very far away from where ever my children might be, and, well, let's face it, that in and of itself is a most appealing idea, but also, it will be June, and it will be sunny, and it will be 10 YEARS that I have been married and, and maybe this is the most important reason, it will be 6 months into my transformation and I am planning on having a new body to show off! I am planning to have a body that is reasonably hot and somewhat attractive and I want to give myself a whole lot of new places to show it off, and my husband ample opportunity to use the new gift I am planning on giving him (the new me).

But as I sat all day thinking about all of these most wonderful places and the new body I was going to have, I realized that if I just sat at the computer and dreamed it, it wouldn't happen! My little flasher at the top of this blog was in my head all day: "If not now, When?" As I went to bed I decided when, would be tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment