Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day Two

No pictures, yet. I am still trying to get up the nerve to actually find the outfit and then put it on. I did workout today, well, I walked until my legs felt like jelly and I was ready to kill someone. As it turned out, I woke up feeling awful. I must have been tired (could it be b/c I haven't slept for the past three nights? Well, what's a girl to do when she has the third book in the Twilight series in her hands, ignore the thing? I think not!) Thankfully, Bryce overslept going to work and stayed in - so he got a full nights rest (minus the mini panic attack at 4:40 AM) and angelically let me sleep. Around 11 AM I woke up to the world and groaned. There just isn't anything pleasing about knowing you must begin your transformation, and it must happen in front of your husband and children. I knew it would be about as fun as giving birth when my husband said, "I have to get a front row seat for this!" Too bad that wasn't his thoughts when our children were being born, but that can be saved for another day...

Super duper excited to jiggle my bowl full of jelly in front of the clan, I suited up: tennis shoes, socks, sports bra, and began. At first I let the introduction play while I hastily swigged a bottle of water (see skinniest, I drink water) and then I took a deep breath and began. Before we all begin to cringe as we think of this big body moving around let me say that I picked the most un-hideous workout I could find. A fast paced 2 mile walk. I figured the worst it could be was a few kicks and hamstring curls. And I was right - that was the worst part, but nothing I couldn't bear. In fact, had it been just me and Leslie (the trainer on the DVD) things would have gone peachy - but no, I was the entertainment and all 5 members of the family: husband, 3 kids, and yes, even the dog - took a seat on the couch to watch the show.

My darling daughter thought that she might like to workout with me. Okay, i thought, this can't be all bad. Look at the influence I am having on my children! Yay me! Good mom award right around the corner. That dream was short lived when after a minute or two she said, "I think this is too hard, i'll just sit and watch you." If I could have spoken I would have agreed - that workout was hard, and I would have loved to have sat out too!

About one mile into the routine my husband felt the need to comment on the way I was actually performing my side steps.

"She said you were supposed to jump and lunge. Come on honey - lunge. Jump. You aren't doing it right. Why aren't you lunging?"

Had I been able to feel my legs, I would have lunged alright. I would have lunged like a lioness about to kill. The jugular. For a moment I thought about that - and what with all the vampire stuff in my head...instead I stared him down and through the panting and burning in my lungs I managed to yell, "Shut up! Leslie says I can do how I want to! Leave the fat girl alone and let her exercise alright?"

Well, that did shut him up and when I was done, trying to redeem himself said, "Congratulations on taking the first 2 miles on your journey to free your skinny girl."

Feeling elated and only slightly dead, I took a big swig of water and let myself enjoy that high feeling you get right before you pass out. My daughter, sweet girl that she is, managed to kill the high when she asked, "Mommy, why didn't you finish your workout and firm? I was saving the front row seat."

As I stared blankly at her, my husband said, "Honey, the only time we are going to see mommy firm is when her skinny girl has been freed. Until then, the firming will happen in secret."

I turned to my dear sweet husband and said, "Consider yourself redeemed."

No comments:

Post a Comment