Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 21

I am sad to say that my week of waiting is over. I have finished my meds, my cough is almost gone, and the excuses have run out. Tomorrow it is back to the TV - and the 2 mile walks with Leslie. In order to prepare my mind for the beating that is to come (there is no way to prepare fat girl - if she had her way this blog would be titled "Ways to Trap Your Skinny Girl and Be Okay With It") I played with my niece, nephew, and kids. 

I was able to spend some time with my niece and nephew today. In fact, I actually spend quite a lot of time with them, and so today I thought about how I could entertain them until their dad got home. I knew I had at least an hour, maybe two, and it was nice outside - so we decided to go to the park! Let me tell you - we went to the park and then some....

After everyone got their coat on we headed out on our adventure. First we had to climb down Mount Everest - b/c I live at the top. Then we had to ski on over to the light post (think Narnia). From there we had to hop, skip, and jump down to the big green box (dum dum dum). Standing by the big green box wasn't very safe so we quickly jumped as far as we could, but we landed in the black tar, which, consequently, wasn't very safe either. We had to march - Leslie style - down the hill where we came across a forgotten path. It goes without saying that when you find forgotten paths, they must be explored. We discovered that this particular forgotten path had only been forgotten by the humans - the evidence that a wild pack of animals had in fact not forgotten the path was everywhere. Being super careful where we stepped, we found that the forgotten path took us through the woods and we ended up at the top of another mountain. This time we just ran down it! WEEEEEEEEEEEE - when we all got to the bottom of the mountain we noticed a sewer monster lurking - we booked it over to his secret lair and jumped on the cover - we stomped it down so tight that now nothing can escape! We skipped and flew over to the great iron rod that led us to the playground. Of course - we couldn't see the destination without using our pirate telescopes!! 

We finally made it to the land of treasures - only to behold that it had previously been invaded. We didn't let that stop us though - we just ran screaming towards the land and before we knew it - we had the treasured playground all to ourselves. We played for a good 40 minutes and then we decided that we would take another adventure. 

This time we became a marching band! I, of course, was the band leader. I had a flutist, a drummer, a guitar player, a trumpeter, Bryce and my nephew. We marched from the playground all the way up to the mailboxes!!! When we arrived at the mailboxes we stopped for a little marching band rehearsal. It is obvious that if we are to try and become a marching band, we will need to practice daily! We decided to abandon the instruments and just march. We crossed the street at the mailboxes and proceeded up the sidewalk. First - we were animals. I had lions and cats, and Bryce and my nephew. As we crept along we evolved from members of the feline family to famous Olympians!! We were runners, skippers, jumpers, hoppers, screamers, and Leslie-wannabes. When we crossed the finish line we found that we had run all the way to Africa!! Yes folks, today I walked to Africa - take that fat girl!!! 

When in Africa - one, of course, must go on a safari! After we got dressed and armed ourselves with the latest weaponry - including bubble guns and slingshots - we began the hunt. It wasn't long before we found the great big monster that was lurking in the shadows of the jungle - yes, Africa has jungles. The only way to capture and tame the monster was to bubble it! And that is exactly what we did!! The bubble monster was tamed and before we knew it we had another member in our crew. We saw lions and a giraffe, which Matthew thought was amazing - until it secretly snuck up behind him and licked his cheek!!! Have you seen a giraffes tongue? Running so that we wouldn't all get licked by the giraffe we realized too late that our path was blocked by a ginormous pool of quicksand. Bryce was the one that found it - and we were able to save him - but I am sure the scene resembled something like the scene in Princess Bride. We all dove in the sand to save him - apparently he means a lot to all of us! 

After we navigated the quick sand, my skinny girl was feeling pretty proud of herself. Usually I just shout commands and watch from the sidelines, but this time I was the ringleader and right in the middle of all the action. I am sure that as the other tenants of the complex came home form work they got quite a giggle out of watching this fat girl wrestle to free the skinny girl, while at the same time entertain 5 kids under the age of 8! We laughed and had so much fun and at the end of night - we attended an opera and the circus. When all was said and done, we donned our most royal and regal outfits and - waving our hands in the air at all of our adoring subjects - we retired back to the castle for pizza - and salad!! 

Yay for you skinny girl - you convinced fat girl to get off her duff and do something today. You took charge and taught fat girl a lesson -  there is never any fun to be had on the sidelines!!  Now - go and reward yourself with one of those lemon flavored whipped yogurts you love so much!! NOT  - ice cream sundae here I come!! 

"Childhood is that wonderful time of life when all you need to do to lose weight is take a bath!"
-Richard Zera

No comments:

Post a Comment